Our newest offering! Professionally built for home audio enthusiasts.
Our HiFi Machines are the same electronics as our popular JH110 1/4" machines, but offered in a smaller solid wood cabinet perfect for your living room. We've also added a number of upgrades from our standard JH110 machines, like rebuilt motors, quieter fans, new bearings, and Flux Magnetic repro heads - perfect for any audiophile! These are our most customizable machines, built for home use!
This machine is the answer to the audiophile who wants to access the highest-quality tape playback but with a much smaller footprint. The perfect solution for home use!
Our compact HiFi series features the Famed MCI JH110 1/4" two track with a rebuilt capstan motor and roller guides and a new Flux Magnetic reproduce head. Playback at 7.5, 15, and 30 IPS (NAB and IEC). Available in beautiful handcrafted solid Birch or Maple cabinets, Silver/Black or Gold/Natural color schemes. Restored with rebuilt capstan motor and new roller guide bearings for quiet operation. New Flux Magnetic reproduce head wired directly from the head with either XLR or RCA connectors. Operates at 7.5, 15 and 30 IPS. Comes with external power supply.
- Do you want to use external playback amplifiers?
- We offer a "playback only" transport machine without a record head!
- We also offer a standard 3-head model with erase, record, and playback functions.
- Want the best of both worlds? We can do that, too!
- We offer a model with an additional repro head that you can use with your own playback amplifier!
- Tape Width: 1/4” Half Track
(Available in 1/2” Half Track & 1/4” Quarter Track)
- Audio connections: XLR (Pin 2 Hot)
- Speeds: 7.5, 15 & 30 IPS (NAB & IEC)
- *Phase Locked Loop DC Capstan Controlled. Referenced To Fixed Crystal Oscillator or Variable VCO Output (Vari-Speed)
- Wow & Flutter: < .020% (30IPS) < .030% (15IPS) < .045% (7.5IPS)
- Long Term Speed Stability: Better than .02%
- Reel Sizes: 7 & 10.5”
- Tape Tension: 5 1/2 Ounces; Constant Tape Tension Throughout Reel
- Start Time: 900ms (30IPS) 500ms (15 & 7.5IPS)
- Rewind Time: 110 Seconds for 2500 Feet of Tape
- Frequency Range: 40Hz-28kHz (30IPS)
- 30Hz-24kHz (15IPS)
- Signal To Noise: 74dB (30IPS) 70dB (15 & 7.5IPS)
- Harmonic Distortion: (1kHz Fundamental @ 510nWb/m)
- 3rd Harmonic < .35% (30 IPS) < .52% (15IPS) <1.6% (7.5IPS)
- 2nd Harmonic < .10% (All Speeds)
- Bias Frequency: 120kHz
ACOUSTIC SOUNDS, INC
CRUZE FIRST AUDIO
Ft. Lauderdale, FL